Main points you need to know on #KarabakhisAzerbaijan
1. Nagorno-Karabakh is not a disputed territory. It is the territory of #Azerbaijan, both historically and officially recognized by the whole world as part of Azerbaijan, including Armenia.
2. Armenia has occupied not only #NagornoKarabakh, but also 7 other Azerbaijani regions around it.
3. The war is not happening on the territory of #Armenia. Azerbaijani army is not trying to seize Armenian territory. The war that began with the illegal occupation of Azerbaijani territories 30 years ago, resulting in 20% of Azerbaijani land to be occupied, is trying to liberate Azerbaijan’s own lands back.
4. Azerbaijan could have liberated its territories 30 years ago. Our country has a military superiority in its numerical and quality advantage of equipment and weapons. So, why hasn’t Azerbaijan tried to claim its territory back in 1990s, you might ask? Because of a ceasefire of May 1994, where the two parties pledged to resolve the conflict peacefully with the help of mediators – the OSCE Minsk Group, with Russia, US, and France spearheading the talks. Unfortunately, after more than 30 years of ‘negotiating’ and no tangible results, Armenian government has shown its unwillingness for any peaceful resolution to the conflict or to liberate any illegally occupied Azerbaijani land. In fact, Pashinyan (PM of Armenia) is quoted saying “Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) is Armenia. Period.”
5. Azerbaijan has repeatedly said that we are adherents of a peaceful solution to the conflict. However, with Nikol Pashinyan, Armenian PM, the negotiation process has frozen completely. His nationalist rhetoric has continued to contradict the peaceful resolution of the conflict, and the increased shelling of civilians living on the frontline only solidified Armenia’s unwillingness to negotiate. The last straw for Azerbaijan became the shelling of civilians in Azerbaijan in the frontline zone this morning on 09.27.2020, after which Azerbaijan military activated a counter-attack, with hopes of liberating its rightfully owned lands.
PRAY FOR AZERBAIJAN.
#KarabakhisAzerbaijan #StopArmenianAggression #FreeKarabakh
Original Post Link Below: